Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mellywood's Mansion - Christmas Boot Centrepiece




 Merry Christmas!

Hi I'm Mel, usually found over at Mellywood's Mansion, I was asked to work a shift here at the Inspiration Cafe for the Christmas rush.


Today I'm sharing my Christmas Boot Centrepiece, one of my Trash Chic items if you want to know what Trash Chic is you can read about it here

Supplies
A pair of kids outgrown Gunboots
Modpodge
Painters tape
Black Paint
Red Glitter
Faux Fur
HotGlue/Gun

Firstly and the most important step, if you plan on putting these on your table or using them to serve food, bleach and disinfect the shoes. There is nothing quite as classy as having your guests smell rotten kid feet at the table. Dry and give them a coat of ModPodge.

Once they're dry tape off the bottom of the boots and paint them black


Then tape off the black paint and coat with Modpodge and glitter the rest of the boot


Once that is dry cut your faux fur to size and hot glue around the top of the boot


Be warned if you think glitter gets everywhere, faux fur is an absolute nightmare! However it does look fantastic.

One the glue was dry I grabbed a small glass, and put it inside the boot and fill as desired. I think artificial flowers or flatware could also look amazing. However my 2 year old was fascinated with these so I went for the more kid friendly candy canes.


This was such a simple project and so much fun, if you would like to check out a few more of my Christmas things like my                                    




Come on over we love guests at the Mansion or find me on Facebook

 


Thanks to all the lovely ladies behind the Inspiration Cafe for having me back and to everyone, may you have a Wonderful Christmas and a  Happy New Year.


Mel xo

13 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic project Mel. Its so sparkly and cheerful, I love it!
    Thank you so much for sharing it here at The Cafe today.xxxx Nat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat, any time for the ladies of my favourite cafe!

      Delete
  2. Mel...this is exactly why you are so awesome! I love this...glitter, fur and all! What a dazzling way to display anything! Merry Christmas to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great recycling/upcycling project by you, Mel. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darn cute Mel! You make the cutest things! Always a delight to see what you've been up to. Thanks for hanging with us at the cafe. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Can you imagine what you can do with something like this? Put them outside on display or pretend Santa left his boots under the tree? I saw the rubber boots advertised at the Five Dollar Store - not a bad idea at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea! Absolutely adorable! My kids would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you said bleach and disinfect the shoes :). This is adorable. Do you still have all those candy canes in there or have some of those little ones of your stolen them away :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute idea. i think I'd end up with glitter all over my home if I made this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this Mel! You never cease to amaze me! This is so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone, glitter was everywhere but not nearly as bad as the fur. Candy canes with 5 kids...not a single one left!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun idea! I will be haunting Goodwill this year for boots -LOL

    ReplyDelete